Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finishing Up

All Around the Town
Well I first worked on a quilt I had started just before we left. I am not a lover of paper piecing but I loved this pattern by countrythreads.com.


I dislike paper piecing so much because I hate to have to remove the paper, so I normally use water-soluble stabilizer. I print from my computer onto the stabilizer, do the paper piecing and once the quilt top is complete soak in warm water and viola the "paper" is gone. 


When I working on this I was away on a quilting week with friends and tried to get a copy center to print out the pp blocks on my stabilizer. They were afraid to that so I did a a modified method. It was great fun and I love how it came out. All I had left was backing, quilting and binding. I was in a clean up these almost finished projects.



Ribbons

Next onto this project I started in Florida. I just had to quilt and bind. I had embroidered through the batting so it was already for backing and binding.


I cannot believe this was created around that wonderful ribbon. Now all I have left is to write the directions for my daughter Colleen to sell at the shows she vends at this year. I am going to digitize the designs for a friend to use on her embroidery machine. She does not like hand embroidery. 




Another One:



Folk Art Vase
I also started this in Florida, rem-ember my care package. Colleen designed the center and I did the stitching. We work like this a lot. She does a design i make the quilt and write the directions. The center portion is wool and she will make and sell a kit. The directions will be for the entire quilt. Her firs show is in April so I have to get going.












Still More:


Chocolate and Pink
Piecing the Past







While I was in the groove of backing, quilting and binding. I finished up a couple more. The Chocolate and Pink I made from a bundle of civil war fabrics I bought last summer at a quilt show. It is only 18" x 27". I love to use these small quilts as table toppers on end tables or dressers.


The Piecing the past quilt was from a pattern from Donna Ruppert. I love her patterns and usually buy from her when ever I see her at a show. She used to have a web site but took it down. 


Enough for now I have to get back to my next project.
Marlee



No comments:

Post a Comment