Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quilt is getting there

As you can see my quilt is just about done. I am in the process of machine quilting it, I should finish today. I want to start another project just like this as it was so much fun to do, but I am going to finish my Dear Jane Quilt instead. All my blocks are done and 1 1/2 of the borders so I will be working on that in earnest to finish.
Being Quilted

Now Something Completely Different

If you are a machine embroiderer and love the look of hand embroidery this is for you. The thread I used is wool-acrylic from Madeira Thread called Lana. A couple of years ago I machine embroidered linen curtains for my living room. They were a lot of fun and I used the Lana thread, many of my hand stitching friends thought they were hand stitched. A couple of my friends and I decided to stitch this little foot stool so I created this design using parts from my curtains. It was a lot of fun and I will put the footstool where the cat cannot get to it.

Foot Stool

No comments:

Post a Comment