Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stitching in Florida

Well I am so efficient - NOT! I wanted to get this quilt top finished so I could do the hand stitching when were here in Florida so I basted the top to the batting so the stitching would also act as the quilting. I frequently do this so there is relief around the embroidery. I machine baste using wash-away thread on the top and regular thread in the bobbin. This allows me to just use the steam iron and "surge" steam over the top thread and the thread disappears.


Normally that would work fine but in my oh so organized way I forgot to trace the designs on for the stitching. I think I will try the old pierce the pattern with a pin and use cinnamon to transfer the designs for stitching. I will let you know how it works.


Stage One of the Leaf Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment